Hello! Glad you could drop by and visit The Curator.
About The Curator Podcast
Inspired by the podcasting styles of Marc Maron, Dammit Damian, Damian Abraham and Scroobius Pip, The Curator is a podcast about passion. Host Mark Fraser curates experiences of artists in all fields: music, literature, the visual arts – you name it, he loves it. The podcast features short conversations which explore why artists create the things they do, what drives them and where those passions come from.
About Mark Fraser
Mark Fraser is a former IT professional and alumni of the University of Glasgow. He is a lover of the arts, with his degree being a joint honours in Film and Television and Scottish Literature. He has had some poetry and prose published in a few journals and has also written two short films.
Mark is also a keen musician, currently playing bass in RID and guitar/vocals in False Hopes respectively. He was also the editor and co-founder of the music website Daily Dischord until 2014 and also runs a small record label called Cold War Legacy Records which is currently on hiatus. Mark also used to host the Daily Dischord radio show on Subcity Radio.
- Ian MackayeNovember 15, 2016 by Eburonson from United States
EXCELLENT JOB MARK!!! Well thought out questions...I'm sure the temptation to GEEK out was there, but you handled an ICONIC interview like a champ!!! Thanks man.
- excellent podcast - music, creativity and moreJanuary 25, 2016 by Ed_Sings from United Kingdom
what a great podcast, with loads of inspiring chat from music makers about what inspires them, highly recommended.
- Excellent.October 17, 2015 by Markocuts from United Kingdom
I have just listened to Casey from the Deer Hunter (of who I am a big fan), prior to which I had not heard of the podcast. I will definitely be listening through the back catalogue - the conversation was intelligent and informative. Thanks very much, subscribed.
- This podcast rules!September 2, 2015 by G35gxrgh from United Kingdom
Great in-depth interviews with awesome bands
- Great Find!August 25, 2015 by Chrissyboyflump from United Kingdom
I'm so happy to have found these podcasts. Mark asks intelligent and interesting questions to a wide range of interviewees from around the music industry with some great stories to tell. Can't wait for the next episode.
- InspiringJuly 22, 2015 by jerodmorris40 from United States
Mark is doing great work, interviewing creative people with compelling stories, and his show will leave you feeling inspired to go be creative yourself!
- Superbly natural and honestJuly 14, 2015 by Topher Knowles from United Kingdom
I was drawn in by the lure of Jonah and after listening to that episode I'll be going back to listen to the rest, excellent questioning that makes you feel as though you are simply listening in on an interesting conversation.
- Great interviewer and interviewees!July 9, 2015 by Haino22678 from United Kingdom
I am new to The Curator and indeed podcasts entirely, but after listening to 2 so far I am hooked and am away to listen some more from this series. Great interviewer and interviewees.
- Fantastic, engaging and informativeJune 30, 2015 by Andyjmcg87 from United Kingdom
Mark asks thought provoking questions and brings his interviewees out their shell with ease. The laid back conversational style makes for excellent listening. Keep them coming.
- An awesome insight into passion and creativityJune 29, 2015 by Ross Barber (@ElectricKiwi) from United Kingdom
I’ve listened to a few episodes of this show so far, and I’m really enjoying it. Mark is a great host and asks thoughtful questions to his guests about creativity and passion. I’ve particularly enjoyed the interviews with Anthony from Bayside and Steven from Struggletown Records. I love hearing about what drives creative people, and Mark asks all the right questions. Plus, it’s always nice to hear a fellow podcaster from Scotland! Highly recommended.
- Great interviewees!June 18, 2015 by Broonie 67 from United Kingdom
Some great interviews here with some fantastic interviewees. The masked intruder interview is definitely a highlight. Great questions overall and a good insight into the songwriting process and touring life.
- Thanks goodness for some real creative spark!June 12, 2015 by Gaz Lone Wolf from United Kingdom
What we have needed for so long in Scotland and beyond is someone interested in bringing us the thoughts of creatives. Im really excited about finding out how my favourite musicians and artists feel about their experiences, inspirations and what drives them. Congratulations on a great product, already at such an early stage. I look forward to more!